Tue, 12 Feb|
ESCP Europe Business School
Win a trip to Seoul! Imagine the Superstore of 2030
ESCP Europe students imagine the superstore of the future! The E. Leclerc - Chair in Future of Retail in Society 4.0 challenges ESCP Europe students by launching a video competition to imagine the superstore of 2030.
Time & Location
12 Feb 2019, 11:52 – 03 Apr 2019, 23:59
ESCP Europe Business School, 527 Finchley Road, London, UK
About The Event
As the School celebrates its bicentenary in 2019 and takes this opportunity to question the role of companies in tomorrow's society, the E. Leclerc & ESCP Europe Chair takes part by organising a competition on the superstore of the future. The kick-off is on January 9, with the start of the new series of the Chair’s “Petits-Déjeuners du Commerce 4.0” (Commerce Breakfast Club) on the very fitting topic: "Millennials and Commerce 4.0".
This competition invites ESCP Europe students, from any programme or campus, to present how they would reinvent the superstore of tomorrow in line with new consumer trends. Working alone or in pairs, students have almost 3 months to produce a 30 to 120 second video presenting their vision of the superstore of the future.
On April 3, 2019, the videos will be reviewed by a jury composed of professionals from the retail sector:
- Michel-Edouard Leclerc - Chairman - Centres E. Leclerc ;
- Alexandre Tuaillon – Project Manager for the Chairman of the Centres E. Leclerc;
- Maud Funaro - Director of Strategy and Innovation - E. Leclerc;
- Sébastien Chellet - CEO of GALEC;
- Frédéric Gheeraert - CEO of SCAMARK;
- Alain Boutigny, Director of Publication and Editor-in-Chief, sites-commerciaux.com et de Correspondance de l’Enseigne;
- Yves Puget, Editor in Chief, LSA;
and of Professors
- Prof. Olivier Badot - ESCP Europe Professor, Scientific Director of the Chair;
- Prof. Adeline Ochs - ESCP Europe Affiliated Professor, General Coordinator of the Chair;
- Prof. Jean-François Lemoine, Professor at Paris 1-Sorbonne University, Director of the Panthéon-Sorbonne Doctoral School;
- Pascale Pernet, European Chairs & Business Development Director, ESCP Europe.
On April 9, 2019 the jury will present the four winners they have selected, who will be submitted to a public vote on the Facebook page of the Chair in Future of Retail in Society 4.0, for a full month. When the votes will be closed on May 6, 2019 the winning team will be announced and awarded the prize: a 1-week trip for two to Seoul, including flight and accommodation.
"The traditional superstore model is evolving and transforming in a rapidly changing environment. The Millennials are at the heart of this transformation with new sensitivities and demands. We are counting on their creativity to revolutionize the concept and want to be truly attentive to their expectations," explains Michel-Edouard Leclerc.
For Professor Olivier Badot, "Seoul is a major centre of innovation in terms of trade. As a powerhouse for new purchasing behavior, new business concepts and services offered, for the development of micro-logistics, for physical commerce intertwined with online trade (via social networks in particular), Seoul is a very inspiring city to imagine the business of tomorrow in Europe.”